With Halloween being only 6 days away, I need to start thinking about making some treats for my son’s classroom Halloween Party. And being that I am the room mom, they need to be great! I was sent an awesome package of all types of Hershey’s Chocolates…now what to make with it?
I found several great ideas at Hershey’s Boo Blvd, a place where the company shares recipes, crafts and tips not only from their collection but from other bloggers for a frightfully fun Halloween!
The recipe I found to use for not only all the candy I received but something fun to make with all the incoming candy the boys are going to be getting for Halloween: Chocolate Bar Surprise Cookies Recipe (another variation would be to use brownies instead of cookies). That’s like two treats in one!
Chocolate Bar Surprise Cookies Recipe
- Any combination chopped HERSHEY’S and REESE’S candy bars to make 2 cups
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped nuts(optional)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F. Remove wrappers from candies. Cut each candy into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
- 2. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Add eggs; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in candy pieces and nuts, if desired. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- 3. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 5 dozen cookies.
Recipe and Craft taken from Hershey Website.
Do you have a craft, recipe or handmade item you would like to share? Then add your link for everyone to see: